Sunday, November 24, 2013

Isaac Bowers

My cousin, a genealogy buff on our Bowers side, posted a pic of an Isaac Bowers who lived in Orderville- another United Order community. (Our King side lived in Kingston which was a successful United Order community. Ended only because the rest of the church could not live the law of Consecration.)
I could never located an Isaac in our direct line, but came across a brief bio that named his parents as Maria Lay and James Bowers both born in 1811. Aha. p.764
https://dcms.lds.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE102301
He is the nephew of our direct line John Bowers born in 1816.
I have no idea if John also lived in Orderville.
I will have to look into his biography.
I did come across some old tapes made by the church in the 70's on church history that gave a very arresting picture of Orderville. (Along with some other issues that I would never see them cover in such a way today-such as ERA, etc.)
Those tapes made me wonder about our Bowers connection to that community.

No comments:

Post a Comment