Friday, March 2, 2012

Research Log- O'Sullivan/ Boyle New Zealand

We have been stuck on certain family lines of my daughter's New Zealand Irish immigrant line.
Her great-great grandfather was John William O'Sullivan who passed in 1930, and was married 4 November 1896 Shortland, Thames, New Zealand to Susan Josephine Boyle (1868-1915).


That's where my information ends on the O'Sullivans...
I did find some information on their daughter Eileen (which I already have) here. It's odd that her husband's (James Kenneth Mc Lean's) grandfather is listed as  Alexander B McNab (1837-1922) in NFS.


I have had most of my success in finding information on her New Zealand family through a collaboration with a very distant cousin found on geneaology.com, & then with the online births deaths marriages archives.
Here was some help on the Boyle line:
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/r/o/Kylie-Brooker-2/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0253.html


This is off of that line and I will have to come back to it since i stayed up til 5am inputting...whew...https://bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/Search/Search.aspx?Path=%2fqueryEntry.m%3ftype%3dbirths#SearchResults

1 comment:

  1. My Grandfather, Ennis O’Sullivan, was the son of Susan Josephine O’Sullivan (née Boyle) from Thames, New Zealand.

    Ennis moved from Thames to Devonport, Auckland, NZ, and married Ethel Mary Gallagher Miller. They had five daughters, one being my mother.

    Both Ennis and Ethel passed away in 1976.

    Regards

    Rose

    ReplyDelete