Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sourcing the Poole Line

One of my great grandmother's was Martha Kamaka Lua'ehu. Her parents were John Liona Lua'ehu, or Joseph/ John Pauahi Lua'ehu and Annie Elizabeth Poole....
I am trying to source Annie's line. I found some naturalization records for a Benjamin E. Poole and William Poole on the Office of Hawaiian Affairs Papakilo database. Annie's father is listed in new.familysearch as being one Benjamin E. Poole. However, something that corroborate more than just names within time periods but rather RELATIONS is needed. A census record showing Annie as the child of Benjamin would be an example, or her birth certificate....
Some of the data put into new.familysearch on this line appears to only corroborate names within a time period. For example, Benjamin E. Poole is listed as having a birth year of 1824 in Hollis, New Hampshire. When I look for records for someone with this name & data, I do find a match BUT I also find that this person died in New England, when our ancestor supposedly died in Hawai'i...unless they went back to New England....?...

I will continue looking...

3 comments:

  1. Aloha, My great,grandmother is Katherine K. Luaehu born in Waipio, Huelo Maui. I am Kahealani Wilhelm of Waipio, Huelo Maui.
    My father is George Wilhelm Jr. and my grandfather is George Wilhelm sr. and great grandfather is Fredrick Wilhelm. and Elizabeth Annie Poole is the mother of Katherine Luaehu who is married to Fredrick Wilhelm I believe.
    Hello, I believe you are my relative, because your great grandmother Marth Luaehu and my great grandmother Katherine Luaehu are sister's. I would like to meet you, my email is kw21ful@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Ohana I have a great deal of questions and maybe a few missing puzzle pieces maybe we can chat it's so interesting to know we come from the same roots and yet very different branches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ohana your ancestors are my ancestors siblings via mary keahi kaanaana luaehu sister to john liona luaehu i think there were 13 of them

    ReplyDelete